2015 Spring Programs- 8th Grade Girls
After School Matters (ASM) is looking for 8th grade girls who attend James Hedges Elementary to participate in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) after school program, Scientists for Tomorrow. Girls must attend Hedges in order to participate.
– Learn about the Physics of Music and build three musical instruments using hand tools.
– Participate and present at the STEAM Conference May 2, 2015 where they will get a certificate and recommendation letter.
– Visit and explore the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum for free with their families at the Family Science Day May 23, 2015
– Learn about other programs where high school teens get paid to learn and have FUN through After School Matters!
High School Teen STEM Program
The Junior Research Scientists program at Columbia College Chicago is looking for teens interested in learning about Astronomy, Solar Energy and other STEM related topics. The program begins in February and runs Tuesday and Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:30pm at Columbia College Chicago.
– Design, engineer, and build solar power and astronomy based projects!
– Conduct college level research and science projects in a college setting. Gain real work experience and work with established scientists.
– Teens conduct collaborative research projects and increase their competence in conducting scientific investigations by designing and building personalized products such as a programmable solar powered rover and a desktop planetarium (nanotarium).
– Participants present their results of their engineering designs and research through oral presentations supplemented with PowerPoint slides and physical models in a public symposium at the College. The symposium is attended by participants’ friends and family, members of the scientific, engineering, and artistic communities, and the community at large.
– Attend and present at the STEAM Conference May 2, 2015
To apply register at http://afterschoolmatters.org/teens
Look for: Junior Research Scientists-Columbia College Chicago
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship and participants will be eligible for a small stipend through After school Matters. For more information contact email@example.com