Scientists for Tomorrow (SfT) will host a Community Partners meeting on Friday, August 29th, 2014 from 9:00-12:00pm at Columbia College Chicago, 600 S. Michigan Ave., room 401. For those organizations that are interested in our 2014-2015 SfT program, we invite the directors of the centers, as well as the program coordinators to join us for a discussion about important topics involving SfT in the community sites and the upcoming school year.
During the meeting, we will introduce the results of our external evaluation, and share best practices developed by different community centers; to improve recruitment and retention of participants as well as parents involvement in the project.This meeting is mandatory for those of you that are interested in running our program in your sites. To have a successful and smooth year of activities, it is necessary to set a calendar as soon as possible, to allow us to designate the resources to better serve your communities.
Agenda will include:
- Introduction of the Scientists for Tomorrow program
- Evaluations from 2013-2014
- Important Start and End dates
- “Science Family Day” and Important Events
- Scientists for Tomorrow Requirements
- Professional Development for Instructors
- IRB Consent Forms
- Pre-Post Tests
- Instructor Activity Journals
- Director, Coordinator and Community Member Surveys
- Toolbox pickup and delivery times
- Common Problems and Suggestions
- A focus on parent involvement